Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blogging is hard

Everyone, it seems, has a blog these days.  I never aspired to be a blogger.  I've never really considered myself a writer. I've had experiences in my life that I enjoy talking about, and writing them down helps to cement them in my memory.
But choosing to be a BLOGGER, now that feels like pressure and that I better be funny and smart and clever. And punctual.  My original intention was to publish one new post a week.  I did well the first month because I wrote several posts on one day and I scheduled them to publish on the weeks that I wanted them.  (I love technology for this purpose!)
Then, life started happening, I got behind on my posts, I began to wonder if anyone was really reading, and thinking that no one would notice if I didn't write another word.  It's challenging to put my thoughts into words that are coherent and flowing for someone else who isn't in my brain.

And I realized, blogging is HARD. I learned this on accident because I choose to blog on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment