Monday, February 13, 2017

No Less Seviceable

Do you find yourself comparing your actions to those of others? Do you feel that your day to day, run of the mill tasks just don't measure up to those of Fred and Sally that live on the other side of the fence? (Or the other side of social media?)

During a church lesson recently I learned that even my daily events like dishes, cleaning, teaching my children right and wrong and supporting my husband do not make me any less serviceable than the actions of those people that, on a daily basis, enforce laws, help the sick, or make million dollar deals.  Our tasks are different.  Our responsibilities in this world are not comparable, but the effect we can have on the world is the same...positive.

A wise man once said, "Not all of us are going to be...catching the acclaim of our colleagues all day every day.  Most of us will be quiet, relatively unknown folks who come and go and do our work without fanfare.  To those of you who may find that (thought) lonely or frightening or just spectacular, I say, you are "no less serviceable" than the most spectacular of your associates.  You, too, are part of God's army." --Howard W. Hunter


No less serviceable.  Something I learned on accident, because I went to church on purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment