Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Inspiration and the amazing box of awesomeness

Inspiration--
1-Supply the inspiration for, fill with revolutionary ideas.
2-Product of creativity and work. A sudden intuition

What inspires you? A piece of artwork? A beautiful song? Nature? Another person? Have you ever thought, and realized, that YOU inspire others?

My daughter is dyslexic and works weekly with a tutor.  One of the tools they use is a spell checker; or, as my daughter calls it, "the amazing box of awesomeness." This device allows my daughter to input letters and insert a question mark when she isn't 100% sure of the spelling.  The device then gives my daughter the correct spelling of the word.  It's pure awesomeness for her.  My daughter told this to her tutor who LOVED it and now refers to the spell checker as "the amazing box of awesomeness" to encourage other kids who struggle with using the spell checker.

I am a runner.  I've been inspired by others which encouraged me to work hard.  I never thought that what I am doing would be a source of inspiration to other people.  During half marathon training, as I would post pics or experiences I had while running, people would tell me that I inspired them to start exercising.  Me?!

In whatever it is you do, people are watching and paying attention. When you do what you do with joy, enthusiasm and positivity, (like the amazing box of awesomeness) you will inspire someone else, and they will improve and inspire someone.  It's part of the fantastic circle of life. 
What does your amazing box of awesomeness look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment